One deep-fried turkey and lots of presents later, we're back from the U.P. It was a very bizarre trip! Brad developed a nasty stomach bug during the drive there, and we got to know all the gas stations north of Mackinac City very well. I've known Brad for almost six years now but this is only the second time I've ever seen him really sick -- and he doesn't take it well! As his dad says, "we don't do sick."
Luckily, I'm great at taking care of people, so between jaunts to the grocery store for crackers and Sprite, I had him back in the ring the next day.
Over the next few days, we saw some of Brad's high-school friends (which have pretty much become my high-school friends by default), went to a few of our favorite haunts, and did a lot of sleeping and eating. I attempted some slow walks on my in-laws' new treadmill (why didn't they have this last year, back when I could actually run?), but I'm paying dearly for it today with a very painful knee. I'm counting down the days until my surgery!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment