Saturday, April 18, 2009

Picture

Here's a picture of me at 24 and a half weeks. And I've already gotten the "are you sure you're not having twins?" comment once. It was a little upsetting, but I'm over it.



I'm already starting to get really excited about getting back in shape after the baby is born. I love my little belly, but man do I miss being able to see my abs. :(

For the record I've gained about 15 lbs. so far. I guess that's pretty average for 24 weeks, my doctor said it's fine, although admittedly I get a little freaked out when some of the women on my message boards have only gained 8-10. It really is mostly in my belly, although I can definitely tell that other parts of my body are expanding. I'm not all that worried about losing the weight after the baby's born, but it is a little depressing to feel so out of shape.

8 comments:

mouse said...

You look fantastic! Don't focus on your fitness level right now and focus on what's important, what I'm sure is a super cute BABY in your belly! YAY!

(Have I mentioned how excited I am for you? :)

Jen said...

You really do look great and healthy.

MNFirefly said...

You look great! No worries about the post-baby weight. Some of it will go when the baby arrives, which will make it easier.

Alison said...

Thanks guys - your comments all make me feel better. I'm just feeling really guilty lately about my relative lack of workouts and my continual cravings for food that isn't good for me. BUT - I think part of it is my body telling me that it's OK to slow down and relax for the next few months. And one good thing has come out of this - my knee is finally healed. Hopefully I can get back to distance running next year. I guess turning into a lazy lard ass has its benefits, LOL.

The Hall said...

Just the fact that you're moving is going to pay off so big once the baby is born. I felt the same way - how would I ever get back in shape. You should realize it's such an accomplishment to get exercise at all while you're pregnant. Even just going for a walk everyday is huge.

Unknown said...

I'm just a week behind you and I've already gained 15 lbs too. Maybe that makes you feel better? Hee hee. Regardless of the number of pounds, you look great!

Unknown said...

You look great, Alison! And congrats on finding out you're having a boy!!! You and Brad are going to make such fantastic parents. When you have a moment, will you email me your address? Orangestarr05@yahoo.com. Thanks, Alison!

Unknown said...

Honestly, you look awesome. Looks like it's all in your belly. I don't know much about being pregnant but I do know a cute pregnant lady when I see one. Also, super bonus about your knee!