Sunday, April 26, 2009

Randomness

A few random thoughts for the day:

I'm currently working on a PowerPoint deck for class that is seriously PAINFUL. What really kills me about it is that, working in the marketing industry, I know it's about 15 times longer and more theory-based that I'd ever do in "real life." If I ever forced any of my colleagues or clients to sit through this presentation at work, I'd probably be fired. It's due Thursday, and then I'll be done with this retched class forever and ever. My grade is currently floating between an A and a B, and I'm past the point of caring which one I end up with. I just want the torture to be over!

It's hot here today. Not just warm, but HOT. Normally I'd be grumpy about having temps in the 80s so early in the year, but after such a horrible winter, I'm totally OK with it.

Brad and I get to meet our little boy in a little over 3 months (hopefully, assuming all goes well). We're definitely not at all prepared, but we're so excited! Two awesome friends of mine are organizing baby showers for me in June, so hopefully we'll get our act together before then. These next few weeks are supposed to be the baby's most active time in the womb (after 28 weeks, they run out of room and get more cramped). Cookie's been kicking like a crazy man lately! I always thought it would be weird and alien-like to feel a baby kick inside you, but it's actually super-cool.

I really, really, really miss drinking beer and wine. I also miss good cheese, sushi and medium-rare steak, but it's the beer and wine that's killin' me, especially this time of year (drinking beer in the spring is the BEST).

2 comments:

mouse said...

oh my God. I had no idea that you couldn't eat certain cheeses during pregnancy (and of course, those cheeses all just happen to be my favorites!).

That settles it. I'm never having children.

Alison said...

Yes! It sucks. No unpasturized cheese, which basically means no GOOD cheese. No brie, bleu, goat, feta, gorgonzola, etc. Admittedly, I've caved a few times and nothing horrible happened, but my cheese consumption is about 20% of it was pre-baby.