Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Update


Well, here I am at 18 weeks (the photo above was actually at 17 weeks) and feeling great! I never thought it would happen, but I'm back to my old self, just with a belly that sticks out more than usual (I'm definitely noticeably pregnant now). I've been sleeping better, working out regularly, being miss productive at work, and staying up past 9 (well, not TOO much past 9. This is me we're talking about).

I've also started to feel the baby move! At least I think so. At this stage, it's hard to tell the difference between a miniature human being and digestion, gas and muscle twitches...but either I'm having a lot of all of those things in a very strange location in my lower abdomen, or it's baby T kicking around. Just a few more weeks and the movements should start to get more regular so I'll be able to tell for sure. We have our big ultrasound on Wednesday afternoon, so say a little prayer for us that everything's OK. I get so nervous before all my appointments, but I'm particularly nervous before this one. Also, Brad is going with me and we're hopefully going to find out if our baby is a boy or a girl! I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to tell everyone right away or wait...I think it might be cool to keep it a secret for awhile. :)

I am also HUNGRY! I didn't have much of an appetite during the first trimester, but it's come back with a vengeance. I love it and hate it--it's all I can do to not think about food all. the. time. Brad and I just booked our "last hurrah before the baby" vacation for next month, and when we were trying to decide where to go, my input was, "the only thing I care about is whether they have lots of restaurants." We ended up choosing Nashville. Brad has never been. I've driven through it many times on my way to Alabama (my family commuted between Alabama and Ohio for about 5 years), but never stopped for more than gas and fast food. I'm planning on eating my way through the city.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

be sure to hit the pancake house for breakfast!