Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hello 2009

Happy New Year! You know, it's really amazing to look back and realize that this post was an entire 365 -- actually, 366 days ago! The older I get, the faster the time passes (except when I'm in a boring meeting and every second seems to take three minutes).

In retrospect, it doesn't seem like it's been a terribly eventful year for me. I didn't buy any new houses or cars, marry anyone new or lose/start any new jobs in 2008. I did start school, but I think the bigger milestone will come in 2010 when I finish school. That said, it has been an incredibly important year in terms of my health, happiness and personal development. I spent most of 2007 and the first half of 2008 going through some rough times, most of which I chose not to write about. But somewhere around June or July the fog finally lifted and I realized that things can only get worse until, one day, they start to get better.

2008 ended on a good note, but I have even higher hopes for 2009. I just think it's going to be MY year. It's hard to explain...but I just have a good feeling about it.

PS - Steph, thanks for throwing an awesome party! :)

No comments: