I know the year-in-retrospective entry is supposed to come at the end of the previous year, not after the new one starts. But hey, the way things have gone this year, just be happy that you're getting one at all!
2007 ended with a Bang, literally. Brad and I spent most of the evening at The Bang, a DJ'd party that one of Brad's friends puts on every month at a local dive bar. As always, we had a great time. My knee actually held out for a little bit of dancing -- although admittedly, my new best friend, naproxen sodium, was involved (ibuprofen is SO 2007). When we left at 1:45, to our complete surprise, the city was covered in a blanket of snow! About five inches had fallen while we were inside, and it was still coming down like crazy.
Driving home (well, it was more crawling than driving), we talked about the past year. Although some good things did happen, 2007 was a year that we both would love to sweep under the rug. And afterward, we'd want to stomp on the rug a few times, and maybe have one of our cats poop on the rug for good measure. For reasons that I've written about and reasons that I haven't, 2007 was definitely a year worth forgetting.
But that car ride home last night was when I decided to stop thinking about the past, and start thinking about the present. It didn't matter what had happened in the past week, month or year. The snow was beautiful (treacherous driving conditions be damned), sitting next to me was a man who's a better husband than I could have ever dreamed of, and - best of all - no hangover on New Year's Day. For me, at least. :)
So, 2007 sucked. But really - who cares? It's over and done with, and I'll never have to live it again. Ever ever ever. That's all that matters. I'll give a big, fat sparkling grape juice cheers to that.

3 comments:
ha ha! That pic is Birgit's friend Matt. :)
Good to see you!
Eff you, 2007!
Happy New Year!
I hope 2008 is much better than 2007.
Some years are like that. I have had a few that I'd prefer to forget. 2008 will rock the hiz-ouse, though!
Post a Comment