I've already been tagged 3 times for that "20 random things about me" thing on facebook. Just to be difficult, I'm gonna post it here instead!
1. I have a bad habit of chewing multiple pieces of gum at once. It is not unheard of for me to stuff an entire 5-pack into my mouth.
2. I've lived in 5 different states and 8 different cities. I think that makes me a semi-nomad?
3. I hate talking about politics because I'm not a good arguer and always end up sounding like an idiot when I try to make a point. Plus, my political views are all over the place, so I never seem to agree with anyone.
4. I grew up with dogs, but somehow became a cat person.
5. I'm addicted to the show Big Love. I don't have HBO, but I've downloaded the first two seasons on iTunes.
6. Other than that, I don't watch any regular TV shows (although the TV is always on in the background at our house). I used to be a big TV junkie, but all the shows that I liked either got lame or went off the air.
7. In 2006 I ran a marathon and finished a half-Iron triathlon (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run). I actually didn't think either race was very hard -- it was the training that really sucked! After knee surgery, I realized that my distance-running days were probably over.
8. In August of 2008 we had a house fire, and now I get completely freaked out when I smell that yummy fall/winter fireplace smell in our neighborhood. Sad.
9. I would pretty much rather be riding my bike than doing anything else in the world.
10. I've always hated math but, strangely, my best grades were always in math classes. I was actually recruited by the Ohio State college of physics based on my ACT math store. Ha!!! (I don't know what that says about the Ohio State college of physics.)
11. I have naturally curly hair, but straighten it at least 9/10 days.
12. I'm left-handed.
13. I was born on my due date (only 5% of babies are, apparently).
14. I was so convinced my younger brother was going to be a girl that I told everyone at preschool I was having a baby sister named Emily (the girls' name my parents had picked out) and made a bunch of "Emily" drawings and paintings for "her" room. When I found out I had a brother, I actually burst into tears!
15. I always use my maiden name when making restaurant reservations because nobody can spell or say my married one.
16. My favorite place I've ever been in the U.S. is San Diego.
17. I never technically graduated from college! Right after my third year of undergrad, an administrative error at the Registrar's office moved me to "graduated" status. Somehow, it was not possible to fix this. Since I'd already taken all of my core classes and was just filling my credit requirement with stupid stuff (which my school was paying for by academic scholarship anyway), the dean of the journalism school said "screw it" and let me have the degree. It was fabulous to get a 4-year degree in 3 years, but sadly, I never got to walk in a commencement ceremony. I was also NOT mentally prepared to be in the real world!
18. The worst flight I've ever been on was when I was 16 years old and flying alone for the first time. A woman sitting next to me and her son sitting behind me had eaten some bad chicken and had food poisoning that kicked in immediately after takeoff! They both puked the *entire* 2-hour flight. I'm sure it was worse for them, but it was no picnic for me.
19. If I could have any job in the world, I would be a bike messenger.
20. I am determined to break my facebook addiction and log on only 3 times a week. Just think of all that facebook energy that could be devoted to other things!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment