I had my virtual first day of school yesterday. First things first -- this class is gonna be a LOT of work. I'm not sure what I was expecting out of a grad class, but...wow! Each week, we have three assignments due -- one on Thursday, one on Sunday, and basically a four-page paper the following Tuesday. All of the work is based on reading a bazillion chapters and articles and includes group discussions on our class message board.
The thing is, though, I think it will be really good for me. These days, it's not like I have a ton going on. Most nights, unless I have specific plans, I come home, eat dinner, and either read blogs or watch TV until bedtime. It gets a little old and makes me feel incredibly lazy. So while I'm not looking forward to what will likely be the Sunday-night crunch every weekend, I am looking forward to have a bit more structure to my life. And I'm really excited about it.
The one thing I'll definitely have to do is cut myself off from blogs/Facebook/etc. or I'm never gonna get any work done. I'm not saying I'll never log onto Facebook or read any of your blogs, but I'm going to have to limit myself to a few times a week rather than what is probably now at least an hour a day. Now that will just be wasted time I could be working or spending with Brad.
Just have to keep reminding myself it'll all be worth it...:)
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Pace yourself when you do the online coursework. That's what I found to work out the best went I completed my Bachelor's degree online. You know that you can do it!
Post a Comment