around the track. It didn't feel so hot. But hey, at least I tried.
It's been kind of a rough knee week, I think in part because I've been overdoing it a bit. Just because I "can" ride my bike and do the elliptical machine, doesn't mean I'm OK to do those things as much as I used to. And lately my other knee has started hurting, probably because as I've gotten back into an active lifestyle I've been over-compensating and stressing my right leg a bit.
I let myself get really depressed about it earlier in the week, but now I'm just determined. Determined to beat this thing and get back to living without pain, no matter how long it takes. I spent almost two hours at the gym this morning, first in the pool, and then doing all the quad/hamstring exercises that I do in physical therapy (I'll be out of town all week for work, but the hotel I'm staying at has a gym, so hopefully I can do my PT stuff there too). Then I topped it off with 30 minutes of upper-body weights. Nothing (aside from the 30 seconds of running) that I shouldn't be doing, so hopefully it didn't do any damage.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hang in there. Take it one step at a time.
Post a Comment