Thursday, April 3, 2008

Opposites attract!

Knowing what you know about me -- in other words, I'm preppy, I'm corporate, and I dislike most movies without Ben Stiller in them -- does it weird you out that I'm married to a guy who brings too-bizarre-for-theater horror movies to local cinemas?

Yes, in spite of my expensive bike shorts and collared shirts, my sweet husband is an uber-hip artsy person with a love for horror movies. In addition to his multiple extra-curricular projects, Brad and his friends have put together a wacky movie night that's getting a lot of press (the Detroit Free Press did an article on the event, too, but no photo). Their movie night debuts tonight.

Part of me feels guilty for staying home, but I asked Brad last night if I should go to support him -- and he very kindly told me I would probably hate not one, but both movies in the double feature. Plus, I'm really swamped with work anyway, and bringing a laptop into a horror movie is probably considered poor taste.

But despite our differences, I'm so proud of my man for everything he does, including spending all of his current "free" time editing a full-length vampire movie. So baby, if you're reading this -- I love you and you rock! But don't come home too late. :)

(By the way, despite the fact that the article calls my husband a "writer and filmmaker," let me assure you that homeboy has a 40 -- well, more like 55 -- hour-a-week "real" job. I'm all about following your dreams, but not at the expense of buying your wife shiny things. Er, paying the water bill.)

No comments: