Sunday, March 2, 2008

Update 4

Last night we managed to leave the house for a trip to...wait for it...Chili's! Ha. We normally hate chain restaurants (...as Brad put it, no matter what you order, it all sorta tastes the same). But Chili's is close to home, has no stairs, and we knew there wouldn't be a wait at 5:00. OK, if that sentence doesn't make me sound 85 years old, I don't know what would. Maybe "they deliver Chili's early-bird specials to my nursing home?"

On the knee front, I'm still pretty swollen today, but in less pain. I was able to put a little weight on my leg and shuffle-walk across the kitchen this morning. Unfortunately, at one point my crutch slipped out from under me and I stepped wrong, sending a jolt of pain up my leg. It set off a string of swear words but only hurt for a split second, so I don't think it shifted anything around. Still, though, it was frustrating. I've been trying so hard to stay off my feet -- I hope this won't be a setback.

Tomorrow is my follow-up doctor's visit and then back to work (from home, that is). I'll probably get back into a normal schedule on Thursday or Friday.

2 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Hang in there!

Jess said...

Sorry, I'm behind here, but I'm glad you came out of the surgery okay and are recovering well.

As per Chilli's: they do have good margaritas and nothing dulls pain like a 2 for 1 margarita!