Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Checking in

I'm back from my first full day back at work. In honor of such a milestone, I'll update in the form of a bulleted list. (Except I can't remember code for bullets, so you get dashes instead.)

-I can't believe no one has made millions of dollars by marketing the magical crutch workout plan. Crutches are EXHAUSTING. Every time I have to get up to go to the bathroom, I come back in a full-on sweat with my biceps shaking as if I had just done 25 military push-ups.

-My knee doesn't really hurt. It's just really stiff, and doesn't bend much. I will never again take range of motion for granted.

-I start PT on Friday. I have exercises to do at home in the meantime, like contracting my quad muscles in three sets of 15, and bending my knee with the help of my other foot. I know what you're thinking: watch out, you don't want to get too buff! Thanks for the warning -- I'll be careful.

-I get my stiches out next week. Is it just me, or did anyone else think all stitches these days were supposed to be super-bionic and dissolve on their own? Who gets stiches out anymore!

-My doctor said, and I quote, "we'll have you running in a month." Hmm. I think that's just a bit ambitious, don't you? I realy have no interest in running a month. I've gone 14 of them without, so why push it?

-I made an awesome pair of red fingerless gloves! They're by far my best-looking project to date. I'll post pictures later.

2 comments:

E-Speed said...

It's nice the doc is optimistic. Glad the healing process is going well!

MNFirefly said...

I am glad that your doctor is being optimistic. Crutches are really hard. They give a workout harder than what people think.