Even without triathlon, I have way too much going on in my life -- but things are about to get crazier. I found out today that I got into graduate school!!! Yes, after two years of late nights and too much money, I am going to be a Master of Science. Which is hilarious, because I totally suck at science.
I applied to this program almost two months ago after hearing a lot of buzz about it in the marketing/communications community. It's a program at Eastern Michigan University that's truly geared toward working professionals - the classes are mostly online, and they're organized in non-traditional semesters, allowing you to take only one class at a time and still finish in two years. I did all kinds of research before forking over my application fee (after all, if I'm gonna be a starving student, I have to pinch my pennies, right?) and discovered that this program would truly be perfect for me. Since applying, I've been waiting and waiting and waiting, and I finally got the good news today!
Brad is totally excited. He keeps asking me if we'll get invited to college keg parties. And my place of employment is totally supportive. Which is a good thing, since they'll pay for about half of my tuition. I start classes in August, and this means several things:
1) I will get the student discount at movie theaters.
2) I will be able to deduct my internet as an "educational expense." (hee hee)
3) Brad and I will have the same alma mater and can wear matchy-matchy EMU sweatshirts.
So, yea! This is such a big load off my chest. Now it's time to celebrate...after I wake up!
Monday, February 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Sorry, typo in my original comment. And that just would not do!
Hooray! Congrats! Welcome to the Eagles clan. :) Say hello to Pray-Harrold for me.
Congratulations. Invite me to a kegger. I can pass for twenty-something.
Awesome!!! Congrats :-)
Looking forward to being your virtual classmate :)
Post a Comment