
Well, I finished the hat...sort of.
I'm not yet at the "shaping" stage yet (I can only knit squares and rectangles - shaping comes in this Saturday's lesson) and someone told me I could make a perfectly good hat by sewing two square swatches together at the top and sides. Makes sense, right? Unfortunately, this person was very wrong. I didn't think too hard about the anatomy of said square hat until I put it on Brad's head and it gave him devil ears.
We had a hearty laugh about it last night, and he swears he loves the devil ears and that he'll wear the hat every day. I think he's saying this to make me feel better, and in reality, the devil hat will get tossed onto the passenger seat as soon as he leaves for work (which is exactly what I'd do if someone made a green devil hat for me). But he's being such a good sport about it that I have to pretend I believe him. This is why I married the guy, right? :)
Anyway, I definitely learned my lesson. But this is about how I feel right now.

5 comments:
I guess when you're the one making it, you want it to come out right. However, I'd totally wear that hat! I'm all about cool hats.
I think it's kinda cute! Who wouldn't want some devil horns?
Aww. I love it. :)
I need to get my knit on sometime soon. It's so very relaxing...assuming I can remember what the hell I'm doing.
Ahhh...I still need to send you the EASIEST HAT PATTERN EVER. I promise you can make this and it will look good.
It looks very cute!!
Post a Comment