One year ago today...
And my, how things have changed. Liam is two weeks old today! Wow, time flies when you're having fun -- and getting peed on! Yep, the one thing we didn't know about having a boy is that he inevitably waits to pee until the second you remove his diaper. He's gotten walls, blankets, sheets, his face, our clothes -- you name it, it's full of baby pee.
Brad and I are loving being parents, especially since we've been blessed with such a cool baby. He definitely has his fussy days, but for the most part, he's pretty good. I wish he would sleep more than 2 1/2 hours at a time, but everyone tells me to wait a few more weeks until his tummy can hold more food.
Brad's going back to work tomorrow after a glorious two weeks off (sob) but in a way, I'm actually looking forward to it. Right now, we have no semblance of a routine at all, and I think being home alone with him all day is going to be the best thing I can do for establishing one. One thing I've learned is that Liam seems to LOVE movement -- walks, car rides, you name it. I'm going to try to get out of the house with him at least once or twice a day.
I have 12 pounds to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, which may not seem like much, but the pounds have definitely stopped falling off on their own, so the rest of the weight is mine to lose. Honestly, I thought it would be a lot worse, so I'm not complaining. I'm not supposed to do any kind of strenuous exercise for the next 3-4 weeks (not like I'll have time to get to the gym, anyway), but hopefully long walks and some yoga and stretching in the morning will start me on the path to getting back in shape.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Thanks for the warning about the pee! Our little boy is supposed to arrive in about a week - I'll be sure to pee-proof the changing area!
ROFL!! I SOOOOO can relate to the little boy pee. I learned that hard way that you HAVE to have a cloth diaper ready to move on top while you prepare the clean diaper. Little boys are so much fun.
I actually posted something about this "wee-wee tee-pee" weeks ago. it's a splash guard of sorts to put on babys wee-wee while you change. my opinion of it is not high, getting peed on is part of the fun right? ONLY 12 pounds to go?!? I HOPE AND PRAY that it goes that way for me...when I have a baby. Good Job!
Impressive with the weight loss.
This article made me think of you!
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2742141/Baby-Charlottes-fiery-arrival
Post a Comment