Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Before Liam wakes up...

Here are the top 5 baby products that, so far, we literally could NOT live without!

Graco carseat frame. His carseat pops right into it and turns it into a stroller -- a godsend for running errands. (Although when he gets older, we're going to get a "real" stroller, since this thing has no suspension whatsoever.)

A bottle drying rack. I just wish ours was about 6 times bigger!

SwaddleMe wraps (we have 7 of them!) Swaddling is the ONLY way we can get Liam to sleep, and while Brad is the champion swaddler, I can't seem to do it right with a regular blanket!

Pack n' Play. I love this thing. We bought ours used for $50 and use it as both a crib and a changing table. We still haven't purchased a real crib for the nursery (he'll sleep in our room until we no longer need a/c at night), but my mom and I are going shopping for one on Friday.

Vibrating bouncy seat
. Only way I can get the dishes and laundry done. 'Nuff said...


And -- exciting news -- I actually buttoned my first pair of non-maternity pants this morning! I still have 10 lbs. to lose to get to my pre-preggo weight and my stomach is all mushy and soft, but it is coming off a lot faster than I thought it would.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love these kinds of lists and yay, we have all 5 items. Hopefully this means I'm somewhat prepared for our little baby to arrive this weekend? Thanks for the tips!

Sarah said...

I hope I remember to look back on this post when I finally have kids :) Also, although I don't have kids, I was a nanny for a newborn until he was 4.5 years old. I HIGHLY recommend the Baby Einstein DVD's! If you ever need to get anything done plop little Liam in his bouncy seat and set him up so he can see the tv with the Baby Einstein videos :) I would say anytime after 3 months old is ideal. It helps with feeling guilty too because yes, he'll be watching TV but it's supposed to stimulate parts of the brain. I cannot believe you are in pre-pregnancy jeans!! You are truly blessed :)

MNFirefly said...

I second that Baby Einstein videos completely rock.