


Hi, guys! Wow, I had NO idea how crazy life would be with baby Liam Robert. It's literally impossible to find the time not only to blog, but to upload our hundreds of pictures to the web to show the relatives (please stop calling, everyone -- I promise we're working on it)! I once thought maternity leave would be a welcome break from working full-time and going to school, but I somehow had much more free time back then. Now, when I get an hour to myself, all I can think about doing is getting in a nap.
Being a parent is freaking awesome, though, so I'd gladly take that over blogging. I knew having a kid would be great, but I had no idea about the kind of intense bond Brad and I would develop with this little guy so quickly. We may be sleep-deprived and unshowered, but we are so happy.
So many people have asked me to share Liam's birth story. Let me tell you, it was a doozy and I can't wait to write it, especially so I make sure I remember every detail about such a crazy experience. I very narrowly avoided a C-section after 3 hours of pushing and my poor little guy was whisked off to NICU right away. But things turned out just fine and he is absolutely perfect!
By the way, I realized I didn't put his stats in my previous post. He was 6 lbs., 10 oz. and 19 inches long. And as far as MY stats go, I've lost 20 pounds this week -- 15 more to go -- and I finally fit my wedding rings on yesterday. I can do this, right?
I actually got a halfway decent night's sleep last night, so expect a longer update very soon. Until then, my little guy is starting to stir....

3 comments:
Cute family picture!
Glad to hear that everything is going well and that the new family is so happy!
Again, what a CUTIE!!
oh my god, you aren't kidding -- he is absolutely PERFECT! and so freaking adorable! Congratulations!!!!
Post a Comment