I know I've been pretty MIA these days, but I'm still alive, and still pregnant! The past few weeks have been pretty emotional and heavy in our little corner of the world, which is why I haven't written much. I've said it before, but my hubby is amazing. He has had such a tough year with family stuff, but he somehow manages to keep it together and act like his normal, well-adjusted self. I really hope our kid gets his personality. :)
I'm 37 weeks now, which is considered full-term -- meaning that most babies can survive without any special medical care if they're born (although we're both hoping that the little guy sticks around until he's fully cooked, as much as I'd LOVE to not be pregnant right now). I'm a little uncomfortable, but not TOO bad with the cool temps we've been having in Michigan this summer. That said, I'm definitely ready for this adventure to come to an end.
Honestly, the thing I'll miss most about being pregnant is the amazing sleep I've been getting. I know many women have trouble sleeping while pregnant, but not me. In fact, since the day I peed on a stick, I've been sleeping better than ever! That's the benefit of being completely exhausted, I guess. Most nights, I get 8-9 hours of solid sleep, and can still make room for a 2-hour nap after work. I'm trying to savor it while I still can...
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
"The amazing sleep" you're getting!? Wha?? You don't toss and turn and get up three gazillion times to pee? Unfair.
For me, it's the terrible sleep that makes me want to be done with this whole business!
Post a Comment