Wednesday, June 17, 2009

To my hubby...

I've been posting so much about myself lately, I wanted to take a few minutes to dedicate this post to my husband, who I'm pretty confident is the most awesome man in the world.

I know men don't have to gain 35 pounds, poop on the delivery table and shoot a bowling ball through their privates, but that's not to say they have it easy, either. I've become a pretty difficult woman to live with lately, especially at night. I toss and turn all night until I get comfortable (which is approximately 30 minutes before the alarm goes off), I keep the air-conditioning at 55 in the bedroom and I get up every hour to pee. (During the course of my pregnancy, Brad has joked about sleeping next to a "pregnant tornado" and a "rotisserie.") Frankly, I think I'm sleeping better than he is. During the day, if I'm not complaining about how hot the house is, I'm changing my mind at least 6 times about the restaurant where we're going to eat lunch. And I have never once heard him complain! He's always telling me how beautiful I am and how much he loves me (whoever trained him did a good job).

In all seriousness, my poor hubby is going through some pretty tough times right now with his family, and in the face of those problems, the fact that my wedding ring doesn't fit my finger anymore doesn't seem so terrible. Yet, like he always does, he's still keeping his head high, his attitude positive, and he still takes the time to bring me flowers. :) We've been together almost 8 years now and his strength continues to amaze me every single day. So, just this once -- don't get used to it -- I'm going to dedicate my blog to him.

Maybe I'll even try to sleep with the air-conditioner a few degrees warmer tonight!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Aww! It's important to remember how hard it is for men, and Brad deserves big ups for being so awesome at taking care of you. I hope I'll remember to appreciate my husband when our time comes (and that he'll be as understanding as yours is)

Jess said...

Yeah, it's not easy for the husbands to deal with a preggo. Thankfully, Jerry doesn't hear or feel me as I toss, turn and get up continuously through the night; he doesn't even have a clue when I go sleep on the couch for a bit.

Unknown said...

You definitely have to give them credit for putting up with it all. Mine's been amazing so far, let's hope they can both keep it up for the rest of the way! It's great to read yours had been so supportive.

MNFirefly said...

That's so sweet, Alison! Men have to deal with us when go all PMS-y and don't blink twice when it gets 10x worse when we are pregnant. They are the silent "good soldier". Kudo to Brad!