Brad and I have a serious lack of green thumbs between the two of us (I'm worse - I can't even get catnip to grow, and most people can't get rid of it!), so we're lucky to have bought a house with such a wealth of perennial plants. We have the beautiful purple tree pictured below...a quick Google images search revealed that it is most likely a flowering plum tree. We also have several lilac bushes, and, my absolute favorite, a climbing pink rose bush that blooms sometime in June.

While I may lack the ability to grow things, I do enjoy cutting things down. I love mowing the lawn, trimming the bushes and weeding the garden. Believe it or not, every week in the summer, Brad and I actually argue over who gets to mow! (If only he felt the same way about scooping out the cat box...) This summer, though, I'm leaving most of the heavy-duty yardwork to him since freshly-cut grass sets off my allergies and I can't take anything.
2 comments:
You guys are crazy! Yard work of any kind registers at an "I would rather get stung by wasps than..." level of hate for me. If/when I own a home, my lot will be the one neighbors complain about. Alternating knee-high and dead grass, moldy siding, dandelions, leaves all over the place. :)
It's surprisingly satisfying to do yardwork (at least when the weather is nice). I could never get into the gardening thing, though.
Hey, what is the link to your new blog? I need to update my links.
Post a Comment