Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Coffee woes

Wow, I haven't posted here since May 4. How lame of a blogger am I?

Honestly, life has been pretty low-key these days, but in summary: I don't have gestational diabetes, Brad turned 31, my parents' dog turned 16 (yes...you read that right!), we're super-stressed out about choosing a daycare, and our lawnmower broke mid-mow so half our yard was a foot long until Brad had a day off Monday to finish it off.

I also realized that I am now completely repulsed by coffee. Did you get that, people? Before I got pregnant I was a coffee addict. I didn't drink 10 cups a day or anything like that, but I started off every single day with a 12-oz. mug of coffee and was completely worthless without it. I've been drinking coffee daily since I was about 16 and didn't know how I could possibly get along without my morning cup of caffeine.

When I found out I was pregnant, I quit. I know it's OK to have a cup or two of coffee a day, but that wasn't even an option for me. By about 6 weeks, the thought, smell and taste of coffee made me want to vomit. I chalked it up to morning sickness and figured I'd be back on the juice before too long, but at nearly 29 weeks I still can't stomach it! It's sad, really. People always wondered how I was able to wake up so effortlessly at 5:30 every morning and the answer was: coffee. Both physically and psychologically. The second my eyes opened, I started to look forward to that first cup. Now, waking up completely sucks. I hit snooze until the last possible moment, sometimes even outlasting Brad. I know how you feel, normal people.

I haven't lost my taste for other caffienated beverages, specifically diet coke (I can't even tell you how badly I crave diet coke...I can't WAIT until I can drink it again). But coffee...ick. I hope I get it back.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

16...WOW! What kind of dog is THAT? The people I used to nanny for just got a "Puggle" Saturday...too cute. Google it, they are adorable, his name is Cooper :) Weird about the coffee. I've never been pregnant so I don't know but I do dread the thought of morning sickness :(