Monday, March 23, 2009

Yuck

Well, I thought I was going to escape this winter without illness or incident, but this morning I woke up with the worst of both -- a stomach virus! I thought it was just something I ate and almost went into work this morning (no rest for the weary...we have a huge event this Wednesday), but decided against it at the last minute. Thank goodness, because around 9 a.m. I took a turn for the worst! I spent the morning lying down in agony between trips to the bathroom. By 2:30 I felt much better and was able to keep some food down, and now I'm on the road to recovery (I hope) and trying to catch up on some work. I'm still not feeling great, but I think the worst is over.

It was a little disconcerting have massive lower abdominal cramps for hours on end. If I weren't pregnant, I wouldn't think twice about it, but of course I kept worrying that I was going into pre-term labor. Thankfully it was just my body trying to rid itself of all its food & fluids. The cramps have stopped, and the baby is kicking around like crazy in there!

1 comment:

The Hall said...

Oh no! I had a stomach virus at about 26 weeks - no fun at all. But it turns out babies don't mind it one bit. Good thing, I guess. Glad you're feeling better. You're looking adorable!