Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Breathe

Thank you so much for your comments. I had a rough week last week, physically and emotionally, in case you couldn't tell. I'm doing better, but I've decided it's high time to start taking better care of myself to avoid another stomach bug and an emotional breakdown like I had on Friday. First and foremost, I'm slowly but surely starting to shed myself of my extracurricular commitments. Work and school are unavoidable, but they are about all I can handle right now. Everybody wants a piece of Alison and there's just not enough for me to go around! (Well, there's actually a LOT of me to go around, but you know what I mean.) So I'm learning how to say "no." It's never been an easy thing for me to do, but I'm getting there.

And...I have the best husband. Seriously...I couldn't ask for a more awesome dude to be married to. Somehow, he manages to sit with me during my 45-minute pregnant cry-fests and not laugh at me, even though I totally deserve to be laughed at! And the only comments he ever makes about my increasing size are very kind. Everyone assumes that women have it worse, but honestly, husbands go through it too and don't get any sympathy for it!

No comments: