Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ode to shampoo

Anyone else out there who takes more showers at the gym than at home? (Hey, it keeps our water bill low!) If so, I need to know if you're as obsessed with mini bottles of shampoo as I am.

The thing I love the most about traveling is coming home with hotel shampoo bottles. I can't get enough of them -- in fact, when I go on business trips I check my bags only so I can pack full-sized bottles of shampoo and conditioner, which you're no longer allowed to bring in carry-ons. Why? So I can collect every single mini bottle in existence to bring home.

I know I could technically keep refilling them -- and in the case of body wash, I have to, since most hotels still give you lame BARS OF SOAP. (Who uses bars anymore, seriously?) But at the risk of offending the Al Gores out there, there is no feeling quite as satisfying as throwing a brand-new, non-greasy half-ounce bottle of shampoo in my bag and jetting off to spinning class. It's light, it's clean and it doesn't break open and squirt all over your makeup bag.

And that's my ode to mini shampoo bottles, in case you were interested.

On another note, I was just thinking about how crazy it is that I'm going to be 29 in a few weeks. It's amazing how my 20's literally flew by. It seems like months ago, literally, when I was hanging out at the Junction on Quad Night celebrating my newly-legal status of bar-goer. Now I'm almost in the last year of that same decade.

Sorry about the randomness here. It's been an exhausting week.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

woo for quad night :) where the drinks are so strong they don't even taste good.

Unknown said...

I just recetly found the PERFECT sized bottles to take to the gym from La Estancia on a trip to La Jolla. Sadly, this week I squeezed the conditioner bottle too tight and broke it. Now my perfet set of 3 is ruined :(