So much of my life is spent writing speeches for other people, but now I'm entering a whole new world here -- writing speeches and giving them myself. I gave my first Toastmasters speech last week and I'm very proud of my "best speech" prize! Each meeting features 3-5 speakers and at the end, the group votes on the best. Now, let me note that I was competing against two veteran speakers, so I think the crowd was taking it easy on me. The other two speeches were obviously *better* than mine, but I think the vote of confidence was to tell me that I'd done a great job for my first time. The anonymous evaluation forms that were turned into me at the end of the meeting all said I'd done great, but clearly stated the things I needed to work on.
That said, yea for blue ribbons, however falsely earned. You can bet this baby is going on the fridge.

1 comment:
Congrads, Alison!
Post a Comment