Sunday, September 28, 2008

Weekend

It's been a fabulous weekend so far. I hosted a girls-only wine tasting party on Friday night for about 12 people, which was lots of fun (I get so nervous when I entertain, so I'm SO glad it went well). An insane amount of wine and snacks were consumed. I never want to see another olive as long as I live!

Yesterday I was determined to work on my paper and my Toastmasters speech, but that didn't happen. Instead, I napped for most of the morning (my wine-fueled night's sleep was pretty restless) and went for an amazing mountain bike ride with Katie at Maybury in the afternoon. How have I never ridden this trail before? It was absolutely perfect for our beginner-to-intermediate skill level and had enough inclines to give us a great workout. I'll definitely be going back.

Last night Brad and I had a date night. We decided to avoid downtown Ann Arbor after the football game and instead went for an incredible dinner at Terry B's in Dexter, which is now my favorite of the Dexter nice restaurant triumvirate. We capped off the night at Paesano's for dessert. It wasn't a cheap night, but it was totally worth it. Over the past year, we've really changed up our eating-out style. We used to eat out 3-4 nights a week at "okay" restaurants, but now we only eat out one night a week and it's almost always at a nice, date-worthy place. It feels like much more of a treat, and believe it or not, we save a lot of money.

Today, unfortunately, I'm left with a massive to-do list. Homework, speech, laundry, grocery shopping. What to do first? Why not write a blog? :)

2 comments:

Amy W. said...

Maybury is great! Noe and I rode that trail a few times before we moved. Unfortunately the only time my mountain bike has been ridden out here has been to ride to work and back since I do not have a road bike :(

mouse said...

when I lived in Novi I was right down the street from Maybury. It's where I did most of my mid-week trail running when I didn't want to take the time to drive over to Island Lake or to Pinckney. I miss it soooo much!