Brad and I just got back from the most AMAZING WEDDING EVER. First of all, the Bluewater Farm Lodge in Andover, NH is one of the most beautiful places I've EVER been, and I've been to a lot of places. It's hard to describe how incredible the scenery is. I would go back there in half a second. It was so amazingly romantic that I think Brad and I fell in love all over again in the New England woods.
We stayed there for three days and enjoyed friends, great food, microbrewed beer, campfires (OK, I stayed far far away from anything fire-related, but it was nice to have the option), and the marriage of one of the most beautiful couples we've ever known, Al and Emily. We stayed in the lodge for three days, and it was like camping without really camping, which is the perfect kind of camping for me! The morning we left, I got up at sunrise and swam halfway across the lake (which, believe it or not, was pleasantly warm). I floated on my back and stared up at the sky and wished I could stay there forever.
But then it was back to reality with a two-hour drive back to Boston. High off the amazingness of the weekend, we had a delay-free, trouble-free trip home, if you can believe that. Even with a 45-minute layover, our flights were all on time and we made it home last night with the time and energy to do a load of laundry!
Perfect long weekend. Seriously, friends, you need to go to New Hampshire. I'm in love.

1 comment:
I love love love New Hampshire. I went college shopping there back in '98 and stayed in the most beautiful B&B in the country woods. Sigh. I'm jealous you got to spend a few days there recently.
Post a Comment