And this is our bedroom today, minus the molding that we're installing Friday (I was going to pose with my hands on my hips next to the chimney to show you the new, improved me as well -- but I worked from home and haven't showered yet today. Sorry):
Any questions? :) If you're wondering what the floors are, they're Trafficmaster Allure, which is actually made of vinyl! We were going to install laminate, but apparently our floor is not level enough for that. You honestly can't tell that it's not wood unless you look at the damn thing with an electron microscope, plus it's waterproof and scratchproof.
It looks bloody fantastic, and it feels great to know that we did quite a bit of the work ourselves. But don't let anyone fool you -- remodeling a room is not a fun project. In fact, aside from the part where we got to throw giant rolls of carpet out of our third-story window onto the pavement, there wasn't much about it that I enjoyed. I will tell you that I did not particularly enjoy painting the ceiling for the third time.
Now that it's almost done (gaps on the edges will be gone soon), I'm suddenly motivated to make the joint look live-able. I'm going out to Target tonight to buy a new rug and some new lamps. The bedroom has suddenly gone from being the room we're embarrassed to show guests to the hippest room in the house!

3 comments:
Wow!! Looks fantastic! I have trouble even cleaning out a closet so I very much admire your handywork!
I have to admit - we had a guy install the floors for us because we didn't trust ourselves to cut expensive flooring material. :) After watching him do it, though, I realized how easy it is, so we're going to use the leftovers in our downstairs bathroom, which also has a hideous floor.
But we did spend a week painting, stripping and removing. I've never done anything like this before - it's hard work!
Awesome job!!
Post a Comment