Saturday, June 21, 2008

Knee stuff

When I was about three months out from my wedding and someone would ask "how's wedding planning coming?" I wanted to hurt them. Not badly -- just enough that they wouldn't ask me about wedding planning ever again. Part of it was that I'm the world's biggest procrastinator and it really wasn't coming along very well (yes, everything worked out in the end, but it was a very stressful September), but the bigger thing is that I was just sick of talking about it. I was excited about having a wedding when I first got engaged, and I was excited the week before, but the entire year in between, I found myself wishing that Brad and I had eloped in Vegas.

I tell this story because I find the same thing is happening when people ask about my knee. A well-meaning individual will say "how's the knee doing?" and, again, I want to hurt them (no pun intended, haha). My knee is actually doing very well. And there's actually a great story behind my knee doing well. It involves getting a second opinion from someone other than my Harvard-educated, world-renowned surgeon, and that second opinion basically turned around my recovery for the better. But to be honest...I'm just sick of talking about it, sick of thinking about it, and ready to just move on. I don't feel like telling the story. Not in my blog, not in person. So don't ask. :)

2 comments:

MNFirefly said...

I know how you feel. I had the same problem with my elbow. It was sickening.

Jennifer said...

Hmmmm. Good to know! I was going to ask if you were going to be dancing it up when Amy comes into town or keeping me company when I realize exactly how pregnant I really am! lmao