Here are a few photos of us in happier times.
On Friday night, we ate dinner at Nacho Mama's -- a kitchy Mexican restaurant in Baltimore with a giant zombie Elvis statue out front. My fish taco was OK (Brad's gouda and crab quesadilla was better -- luckily he was willing to share). Then we stopped at Starbucks for coffee (everyone else was smart and got iced drinks -- NOT ME!) and went to a Bar That Isn't Fancy for some beers.
On Saturday, we got up early, showered, and then my brother got ahold of one of my shirts and marveled at how small it was (maybe because I'm the big sister and he always got the hand-me-down clothes from ME). Believe it or not, it actually fit him (sort of).
After the fashion show, we rode the Metro into town, did some sightseeing, took Brad on a tour of Georgetown University (Meghan's alma matter) where much of The Exorcist was shot, and then died a little bit of heat stroke. We gave up around 4 p.m. and took a cab three blocks to Borders where we drank iced teas and read magazines until dinner. Warning: you can seriously see the pit stains on our shirts if you look closely enough.
In front of the World War II memorial -- this was the hottest part of the day. Sadly, there were "NO SWIMMING" signs all over the fountain.
This is the house from The Exorcist.
I think this was the National Archives...I was too hot to care.
After our body temperatures returned to normal, we ate dinner at the Olde Ebbitt Grille, one of the most famous restaurants in Washington (where all the presidents have eaten, supposedly -- no politician sightings for us). The food was out of this world, but I was exhausted from being in the heat all day, so I wasn't very hungry when it arrived. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures at the restaurant.
We then headed home in a severe thunderstorm and watched Saved by the Bell (my brother's birthday gift) until we fell asleep.
On Sunday, we spent 13 hours in an airport. I would post the photo of Brad flicking off the Northwest logo, but this is a family blog.
LIES!!!! We did not "arrive" until almost 12 hours later.

3 comments:
Ah, NW, I've had many issues flying with them before. Glad there were parts of the trip that were enjoyable. I love DC, so I'd hate for it to be a totally sucky trip.
I hate flight delays! I love the photos that you posted.
It was ungodly hot in NYC, too - we went into the city to see Steve (he was in town working at an architecture exhibit) and all three of us were pretty miserable!
Post a Comment