Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What do YOU eat?

Lately I've been in a total food rut. I love my cereal and my microwave paninis, my apples and my fig newtons, my turkey pitas with cheese and asparagus, my ice cream on whole-wheat waffles for dessert -- but I feel like I've been eating the same thing every day for months. Really, I kind of have. And it's making me feel bored with food in general.

I don't have time to cook on weeknights, and I'm usually much too exhausted to pack a lunch, so I eat a lot of convenience foods. Frozen stuff, pre-packaged stuff, stuff that can be baked in 15 minutes or less. But I'm picky about convenience foods, so I end up eating the same ones day in and day out. And I'm truly sick of them all.

So, I'm looking for suggestions. What do you people eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and dessert that's quick, easy, and...well...not gross?

I don't do yogurt, most seafood grosses me out, and I gag at the smell of green peas. I'm also deathly allergic to mango. Other than that, try me.

5 comments:

The Hall said...

My new favorite lunch involved sticking a potato - sweet or white - in the microwave for six minutes then adding yummy toppings. Think cheese, broccoli, leftover bacon...anything really.

So glad you're back on the bike!

Jen said...

My current faves:
Generic rice crispies and vanilla soy milk, mozzarella string cheese, bananas with peanut butter, skirt steak with chimichuri, Greek salad with tzatziki sauce and no black olives.

Amy W. said...

I eat fruit all day long at work - berries especially when they are in season. I also like turkey burgers with sliced avocado, bacon, and some provolone (yeah, I stole the idea from Ruby Tuesday.)

MNFirefly said...

I LOVE Chocolate. I have huge craving for anything sweet.

MNFirefly said...

My favorite breakfast is oatmeal and scrambled egg whites. I am a semi-veggie so I do not eat meat 'cept for sushi.