Sunday, May 18, 2008

Blog day

It's Sunday -- which per Alison tradition means it's blog day. And I have so much to write about this week, but to be honest, I don't really feel like writing at all.

I usually try to avoid blogging about blogging, because I know the only reason you visit is to see if I've posted any recent pictures of myself making dumb faces (hello, see post below?). But I recently read one of the most fantastic blog posts ever, which I had to link here only because I'm mad that I didn't think to write it myself.

Lately I've been thinking how it seems that all of my internet friends are just about the happiest people ever, their lives wrapped up into neat little packages with pictures of smiling friends and fun anecdotes about activities they enjoyed the previous weekend. And it made me jealous, until I realized that you're all probably thinking the same thing about me. Many of us choose to share the positive and leave out the negative -- and these days, that's how I roll. I guess I feel like I need to explain that in case you've had the misconception that everything is perfect in my corner.

That's not to say I don't have good things going on in my life -- I love my job, my husband is the most wonderful, saint-like man in the universe (in general, but especially for putting up with me), and we have all kinds of fun travels planned in the upcoming weeks and months before I start school in August, including a trip to visit my brother the first weekend in June. But despite all that, sometimes I wonder how many times life can kick someone in the ass over a year-and-a-half period before finally turning around.

Anyway, that's all I've got for now. I plan to start bike-commuting to work this week, so hopefully I'll have something fun to write about before too long.

2 comments:

Amy W. said...

I definitely understand trying to stay positive in the blogs when really you feel like whining and complaining. That is essentially why I started mine - so I could at least blog about the good or at least amusing things about life in CT when I was still wishing I was in MI. But 2008 IS going to rock...eventually :) Hang in there.

Jen said...

So true, Alison.