Sunday, April 6, 2008

Saugatuck, Mich. -- A great place to go with your mom!

Mom and I had a great time. All the requisite shopping and buying was accomplished, many cups of coffee were consumed (seriously...that woman can down caffeine like nobody's business -- it's pretty incredible) and going to bed at 9:15 p.m. was not as lame as you might think. I may have overdone it with all the walking, but I'm planning on spending the rest of the day on the couch catching up on TV. Actually, more like work. But with the TV on in the background.

Saugatuck was pretty dead this time of year, since most of its tourism centers around boating and beaches. Although if I may make a side comment, I never really understood the Great Lakes beach thing to begin with. Since moving here, I've been to Traverse City, the shores of Lake Superior and Grand Haven -- and no matter where you go or what time of year, the sand is full of rocks, the water is 55 degrees, and nobody ever swims except for 6-year-old kids. Pretty, yes...beach, no. But I digress.

And any comments about my 58-year-old mom being hotter than me are strictly prohibited. And no, I'm not adopted, although I realize we look nothing alike. I'm basically quintuplets with my dad, brother, aunt and cousin -- you can see whose genes dominated up in this joint.



2 comments:

mouse said...

did you by any chance go to an African art gallery? Dice's boss (and his partner) own a gallery there and we are hoping to be able to drop in sometime when we are on our way up to the cabin.

Glad you guys had a good time!

Alison said...

Hmm. Do you remember what it was called? ::mind overwhelmed with art galleries::