Today was one of those days that makes you very thankful that tomorrow is another day. At least that's what I keep telling myself -- TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY. BE THANKFUL YOU UNGRATEFUL B****.
I see my PT three times this week, and my doctor once. Would you believe it's April 7and I've already reached my out-of-pocket maximum for my and Brad's health insurance in 2008? Well it's true, and you'd better believe I'm going to enjoy my FREE HEALTHCARE until the ball drops in January of 2009. (Well, aside from the stuff they take out of my paycheck.)
To be honest, I'm feeling way down about the condition of my knee lately. I'm nearing 6 weeks post-op and I'm nowhere close to running yet. I wouldn't be so bummed if I hadn't spent my drive home dodging bikers, walkers and runners. Spring is the best time of year to be a triathlete. Even last spring, when I was suffering from knee problems, I was at least able to get out and do some mountain biking.
But anyway...I guess I'm making a little bit of progress every week, and as long as my physical therapist tells me I'm "on track" and she's "not worried" I guess I can stay optimistic. Range of motion was 122 this morning, and my quad strength is coming back to the point where I can do squats and leg lifts with 2-pound weights. My PT said last week that she has never seen anyone who had post-surgery quads in as bad shape as mine were. Apparently a severely pulled quad and muscle atrophy are not normal? Good to know.
Well, go enjoy the beautiful weather, you normal people. I'm going to go be sulky and sad for a little while and then go get over myself. There are litle kids starving in Africa, and tomorrow is another day.
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm sorry you're down, Alison. I also feel like other people are "normal" too while I've been sick.
It sucks that things aren't back to 100% yet, but they will be eventually. So, to add to the list of cliches you already started with: "This too shall pass."
Post a Comment