Sunday, March 16, 2008

Healing

Well, my friends - I think it's fair to say I'm finally on the mend. Yesterday was what I hope will be a turning point in the recovery process - I could tell immediately upon waking up that it was going to be a good day, at least relative to the past 17.

I did more physically than I've done since the surgery, making it out of the house several times during the day and going out to dinner at night. I'm sore today from all the moving around, but it's a satisfying kind of sore, not an "I hurt myself" kind of sore.

I still have a long road ahead of me, but hopefully I'll be able to drive it a little faster than 15 mph from now on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did a Google search because I'm having arthroscopy surgery at the end of this month. I'm scared to death about the nausea I get from pain medication. It makes me so ill. I hope there are alternatives. Anyway, I thank you for your updates because I wanted to know what I'm in for. I hope I don't chicken out.

Jess said...

Glad you're improving and feeling better. It takes awhile, I'm sure, but soon, you'll be good as new!

Jen said...

I'm glad you're on the mend and thank you for all the support you've given me.