
On a trip to Whole Foods last night to buy cheese for a dinner party, I discovered chocolate VitaMuffins. After eating one for breakfast this morning, I just had to share them with the world. (Not literally share them -- they were expensive! and they're ALL MINE.)
I normally wouldn't go near any kind of diet-related food product (except for Diet Coke, of course!), but I'd read about how good these were in some article, so I decided to try them. I checked the label, and they use no artificial sweeteners, which I don't like the taste of in food. Anyway, friends...these muffins taste like REAL CHOCOLATE MUFFINS, and they're actually GOOD for you! Each little muffin has 6g fiber, 100 calories, 3g protein and no fat.
So if you're willing to spend $2 per muffin ($6 per package), you MUST try these things. You can thank me when you're in a chocolate coma!
Edited to add:
I watched Atonement yesterday. Despite being very British (not that there's anything wrong with British -- it just takes awhile to get used to the accents and the film style), it's an excellent movie and comes highly recommended from the Alison camp. I've heard that the book is better, so that will be next on my reading list.

7 comments:
I'll have to try those muffins! 100 calories? Are they really small?
The book Atonement is excellent, very excellent. I've been dying to see the movie (and I love British-ness) but haven't had a chance yet. Thanks for the review!
They're not that small! They're like normal-sized muffins that you make in a muffin tin at home. They're 2 oz. apiece, maybe?
I've been looking for the vitalicious stuff at every whole foods I've gone too, hoping to fine the muffins or the brownies or SOMETHING. I'm so jealous that your store carries them!
These are super good! If you ever read hungrygirl.com she praises them all the time. Also, sometimes that website runs specials that make the cost a little better than 2.00 a muffin. I've ordered them directly online a couple of times. Chocolate is the best, yummy!
Those muffins ROCK. Yes, they are SO expensive, but worth it in the end.
Alison-- I, too, saw those Vita Muffins at the store, but my one caveat is they contain a good amount of sugar alcohol, so I avoided them. Sugar alcohol can cause indigestion in many people. Hopefully they are not bothering you. Me and sugar alcohol are not good friends.
Colleen--"Hungry girl" profits off the stuff, that's probably why she recommends them.
I don't know what sugar alcohol is, but it doesn't bother me. I have an iron stomach, though -- I can eat a tablespoon of wasabi and not flinch.
These muffins really do taste good -- and like I said, I typically won't go near any kind of diet food!
Post a Comment