Saturday, February 23, 2008

Wish list

So, as much as I hesitate to say this, I'm actually well on my way to becoming a knitter. Over the past week, I've made a striped hat for my mom that incorporated two different stitch patterns and got rave reviews from her and her co-workers, and I'm almost done with the ribbed scarf that I began last week -- which looks nice enough to be purchased on clearance at Target for $1.99! On Wednesday, the day before my surgery, one of my co-workers is going to walk me through my first pair of mittens. And last night, I taught myself how to cable. It's surprisingly easier than it looks.

Below is my "wish list" -- just a few things I'd love to be able to make in a few months. I apologize for stealing all of those photos from Ravelry and not providing an attribution link -- but you need to sign in to view the site anyway, so it wouldn't work for anyone who reads this.

I understand the anatomy of making those items, and could probably make really lame, messy versions of them (except the pirate hat...I haven't learned how to change colors mid-row, which I've heard is tough to master), but I'd rather wait until I have more experience before wasting the time and yarn.




No comments: