Friday, January 18, 2008

Crazy week!

The Planned Parenthood event was a success! Well, we don't know the final tally yet, but the room was crowded and a lot of people signed up and paid at the last minute. Things were looking a little dicey for awhile, but we all did a lot of major last-minute promoting (begging?), and it seemed to work. Most importantly, people had a great time, and lots of great conversations were started about sexual health. Leah Bonnema had the room in stitches, the food was awesome, and with two drink tickets, you can't go wrong. I left last night with a warm-and-fuzzy feeling -- so glad I decided to volunteer for this organization and there are so many people out there who are willing to support us. Next event: Get Down For Choice on the 26th.

On another note, Brad officially wins the title of "world's best husband" this week. I realize it's my birthday week (it's so great when it falls on a Wednesday, because you get to claim TWO weekends!), but since Saturday, he's done the following: seen a band he doesn't really like, gone to dinner with my family, watched a feminist comedian tell jokes about ball glitter, walked around with a sticker emblazoned "SUPPORT WOMENS' HEALTH," and made two solo trips to Jo-Ann Fabrics for my knitting supplies. Did I mention he has to drop me off at the airport at 4:45 a.m. tomorrow (and I would definitely not classify him as an early riser)? Not one complaint about any of it. I don't know how much I can milk this birthday business, but yeah, I'm a pretty lucky girl. :)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

The real question is.... Did Brad keep his women's health sticker on when he got the knitting needles at JoAnn??? :) Hee hee. Go Brad!

Thanks for joining our crew!!! So glad to have you! Woohoo!

Jess said...

Sounds like an excellent husband!