Yes, the scarf is done! I wore it yesterday, in fact. And not only is it done, but I've already started two more, thanks to some yarn I scored for my birthday. My technique seems to get better with each piece, and once I have some needles free (which means finishing something -- damn it), I'm going to start a scarf for my friend Jessica's birthday next week. The next step is learning how to shape hats, which I'm not sure I trust myself to read in a book. (It would be just my luck to get close to the end and completely destroy something that took me several days to make.) And then, it'll be just a matter of time before I'm on the way to becoming
Carrieoke, my knitting hero. And by "time" I mean "years." But I'm determined.
This has been such a stressful week! When you combine insanity at work (still loving the job), family birthday stuff, trying to promote
RoeEvolution (I know I've hit all of you locals by email, but registration is low, so PLEASE SIGN UP), and trying to get ready for the Vegas trip on top of all of that...well, it's more than a few hours of knitting can cure. And there's something else going on behind the scenes that's stressing me out too...hopefully I can share some big news within a few weeks!
I have to be honest, I'm almost looking forward to my post-surgery couch-laying, when the only thing stressing me out will be calling in my husband to get the chips for me. It will be a nice change of pace.
4 comments:
I'm surprised you have time to knit at all!
Happy Birthday!!
Alison, hope you had a great birthday! And thanks for the kind messages about Summer.
hey! my friend sara reads carrioke, too :)
Post a Comment