Today I watched a new movie called Control. It's the biography of Ian Curtis, the lead singer of Joy Division, who committed suicide in 1980 -- only days before leaving for the band's first U.S. tour. After Curtis' death, his band members reinvented themselves into New Order (of "Blue Monday" and "Bizarre Love Triangle") and became a worldwide success. I've always been a huge Joy Division fan and even snatched up a bunch of their rare stuff when I was in England back in 2004, so I was thrilled when I found out this movie was coming out.
It's a great film, although very sad (and difficult to watch if you've ever suffered from depression, as it portrays the disease in very realistic detail). And since it was produced by his wife, Debbie Curtis, it stays pretty true to what happened in real life.
So, Control gets two very enthusiastic kitty paws up in my book. And that's my movie plug for the day.
In other news, as you can see from the picture below, Brad and I painted our bedroom today. The whole experience was a comedy of errors including, but not limited to, painting half the room before realizing we were using the wrong shade of white. That said, I still don't understand the concept of "shade of white" -- I mean, it's white! Now, until we get the motivation to repaint, one side of our room will be a whiter white than the other, less-white side. Luckily, we both spent a longer time laughing over the whole damn thing than we did fuming about it.
Also, despite a long shower, I have paint in my hair, under my fingernails and all over my legs. Now I understand why my parents always hired contractors.
It's 9:45 and I'm not in bed yet. I start my new job tomorrow morning, which means I get to start sleeping in 'til 6:30! I can't even fathom the concept yet.
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh, there are SO many shades of white! You have much to learn, grasshopper.
hey alison - yeah, it was the Natalie you met who was in the accident. that's one of the things that makes it so hard, because she is SO full of life and energy... not that all my friends aren't, but she was particularly charismatic.
she's up and walking and has been moved to rehabilitation, so now that she's awake and responding, they'll begin trying to assess how bad the damage is.
Post a Comment