Thursday, November 22, 2007

Nimrod Nation

I just spent 25 minutes composing a fabulous list of blogs I stalk, and Blogger only saved three of them. You know, back in high school, when Al Gore first invented the Internets, I used to write my own code -- and this crap never happened. Now these supposed "WYSIWYG" editors have not only served to frustrate me when they go wrong, but have made me forget all the code I used to know.

My in-laws are in town for Thanksgiving, and we're all doing the big turkey dinner at my parents' house. Which is...weird. While Brad and I are a perfect match, our families are definitely not. They all get along, of course, but if if weren't for the two of us, you'd never get those folks in the same room.

Speaking of my inlaws, Brad and I are SO excited for the premiere of Nimrod Nation (I wrote my own code for that one!) on the Sundance Channel Monday. Not only is Watersmeet, Mich. basically a clone of Brad's hometown (the two schools play against each other every season), but the name of the show is based on a song by Da Yoopers that my father-in-law sings on! If you were ever in doubt of the fact that the U.P. is endearingly incestuous, there's your proof right there.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I'll have to check out the series. Sounds like some small towns I know in MN.

Stuart said...

Ahh WYSIWYG..what you see is what you...oh crap where did it go?

Jess said...

I just read a review of "Nimrod Nation" in "Time." They gave it a favorable review. Now I really have to check it out.