I just had to throw that in there because I want to assure all zero of you that I'm still trying new things. But the past few weeks have been a little too crazy for much action -- what with accepting a new job and all.
Yes, that's correct. I gave my two-week notice today, so I'm finally ready to share the news. I know I've only been at my current job for six months, and as a loyal employee, it's not like me to do something like this (in fact, I've never actually quit a job before.) I really did like my job, and having to give my notice wasn't fun.
BUT. My new job, in addition to providing me with some sweet opportunities and putting me back in an industry that I love, is going to reduce my 90-mile daily drive to...FOUR.
Four miles, round-trip.
Screw the bike. I can WALK to work!
In celebration of my good fortune, I came home to this pretty bouquet of flowers from Brad. Actually, they're more like a potted plant. But it's the thought that counts.

7 comments:
Congrats on the new job and on the crocheting. I'm not crafty at all, so that' seems like a major feat to me.
Congratulations on the new job! What was so bad about the flight? I am terrified of flying.
We couldn't land because of windy conditions, so we circled for about an hour, and then the actual landing was very bumpy.
I fly all the time, and even though I know how safe it is, I still get freaked out by the weird sensations. I don't think I'll ever get used to it.
Congrads on the new job. I have a very short commute myself and makes all of the difference in the world especially when you work on Thanksgiving.
congratulations! In my opinion learn how to knit instead of crochet. It took me a year to crochet a scarf, it takes my sister one night to knit one :)
Woo-hoo - congrats Alison!
holy crap, dude! I forgot you had a new blog because I didn't update my reader account. THIS IS FABULOUS NEWS!
congratulations!
Post a Comment