Friday, November 16, 2007

The devil went down to Georgia

Greetings from Michigan! I just spent the week in the gorgeously sunny, unseasonably warm city of Atlanta (well, two hours from the Atlanta airport), where I attended an excellent two-day conference. Who knew there were good conferences south of the Mason-Dixon line? (Just kidding -- I lived in the South, so I'm allowed.) They're NOT kidding about that drought business, though. Our hotel was on a goregeous lake that was surrounded by about 20 feet of rocky bank. It was really sad. At least we got to shower, which was a very good thing, considering I spent two days in a small room with the same people.

Despite the R&R I had between sessions, it was a very stressful week for me. However, weathering that stress has resulted in some exciting news, which I'll be able to share in a few days. Just in case my mother-in-law is reading this from her dial-up internet in the U.P. (which I can guarantee she isn't), no -- I'm not pregnant! Although you wouldn't believe how many people equate avoiding booze for three days with being knocked up.

I'm definitely looking forward to this weekend, which will be filled with sleep, sleep and more sleep. The cats are very excited.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Yeah, I've heard Atlanta is really suffering for lack of water. Enjoy your sleep this weekend!

TJ said...

yep. it's dry here.
some areas much worse than others.