Thursday, September 18, 2008

Crazy week.

It's officially fall. Well, not "officially," but the air is chilly and crisp and the leaves are starting to fall off the trees. Now if only people would stop having fireplace fires with smoke that wafts through my bedroom windows and makes me wake up in a damn panic, I'd be in heaven. (Sadly, that used to be my all-time favorite smell.)

Our house is back to normal except for a set of missing shutters, which are being delivered tomorrow. I'll post pictures when we're up and running. It's a relief to not be reminded about the fire every time I walk outside -- although call me crazy, but I swear I can still smell it.

It's been a crazy few days. Tuesday night I mowed the lawn and grocery shopped while Brad was stuck at work. Last night I volunteered with the PPYL People (it's pronounced "people" -- get it? har har) at Planned Parenthood's annual beer tasting event at Arbor Brewing Company. Not only did I have a blast for a good cause, but I got to sneak in a few sips of Brasserie Blonde here and there. Tonight I had Toastmasters from 7-9. My inlaws are in town for another appointment this weekend, and I have yet another paper due on Tuesday.

Life has been crazy lately and I've pretty much reached time and energy capacity, but I'm happy. For the first time in years I feel like I'm working toward some real, tangible life goals that will be achieved in a matter of years, not decades. Brad and my relationship is better than ever and our house is once again looking like a home. Life has not been kind to me over the past few years, so I'm really trying to suck up this wonderful period of time and appreciate it while it's here.

I just wonder what's about to go horribly wrong? :)

1 comment:

MNFirefly said...

It's good to be busy at times. I am glad that things are slowly getting back to normal for you.