Lately I have been thinking. I know...uh-oh.
My life isn't perfect. I'm not a millionaire, for instance. And my knee still hurts, usually more than I care to admit. My garage door has been broken for 18 months. And someone in our immediate family (whose privacy I've been protecting on this blog) is terminally ill.
But you know what? As lives go, I'm pretty effing lucky.
I'm married to an amazing guy who is absolutely my soulmate (and who puts up with my insanity no matter how out of hand it gets). I could not have made it through the past year without him. It sounds cheesy, but we fall more in love with each other every day.
I love my job - it's exciting, challenging and rewarding. At least three days a week, as I'm walking out of the office, I think to myself, "how the hell did I get so lucky?"
I'm starting school in three weeks and I'm beyond excited to be gettin' educated again. And I'm also excited that I have THREE WHOLE WEEKS before I have to hit the books. Phew, no need to stop the crazy partying just yet.
But most importantly? My bedroom looks amazing. We got our new windows last week and now all that's left is redoing the carpet on the stairs. I totally renovated a room in my house. Wow, am I a freaking grownup or what?
Anyway...I just thought I'd take a moment to reflect on all the good things going on around me in this rare moment of mushiness. Tomorrow, back to your regularly scheduled self-deprecation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am so glad things are so wonderful:
)
It was great seeing you last Sunday. Thanks again for coming!
Life is NEVER perfect. I am still waiting to see if mine turns out that way.
Most importantly... the bedroom?
Post a Comment