Wait for it...wait for it...
Yesterday I went mountain biking!
Yes, it's true. I took my bike out on real trails and rode for about 90 minutes with my friend Katie. It was terrifying! I'm not very skilled on the trails to begin with, and a year off combined with a major knee surgery made for some high-quality freakouts. But I survived. Once I relaxed and stopped obsessing about my knee, I started to really enjoy myself.
I wanted to blog about this yesterday, but I knew the real test would be how I felt this morning. My bedroom is on the third floor of my house, and the way I feel walking down the stairs in the morning is usually the true indicator of what kind of "knee day" I'll be having. Well, I felt fine, so I'm considering my biking excursion a success. (At least my legs felt fine -- I had two huge glasses of red wine late last night, and today my stomach feels like it's hosting a Middle East religious conflict.)
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hello.
I was just reading your blog.
- My fiance had knee problems much like yours, and it got in the way of some daily activities...I work in the brace industry and was able to get her a brace for about half price and it really did the trick!!! I did notice that brace professionals can charge too much and this is why I started a site. Check it out (see below). If not, I hope you knee pain goes away by itself without using anything.
All the Best,
Daniel Sims
www.drbraceco.com
Hi Alison,
90 minutes on a mountain bike thats a huge acheivment after major knee surgery!
Wishing you a victory over knee pain
Regards Quinkin
Post a Comment