Monday, November 5, 2007

The contenders

I'm having technical difficulties trying to switch from my current to my past blog profile. So if you get a comment from Tough Cookie, it's not necessarily a troll...it's me! Except that I am kind of a troll. But the good kind.

Since this blog is about picking up new interests, I guess I should probably talk about said interests that I shall potentially be picking up. Here are the first few that I'm planning to try out.

1) Working on my house. As in: painting rooms, putting in new floors, redecorating bathrooms and doing anything else that costs less than $1,000 a project (ha! yeah, right). We've been threatening to fix 'er up since we moved in almost two years ago, and I think it's finally time to get going. I'm starting to get a little too intimately involved with paint squares, and I now spend more time reading Lumber Liquidators than TMZ.com. First big project: convincing my husband that red IS a manly color to paint a bathroom.

2) Knitting. Because I want to make cute sweaters for friends' babies. Come on...you know you do, too.

3) Volunteering for a cause I believe in. I think the last time I actually did this was when I was a communist (okay, just a bleeding-heart liberal) college student and worked on the Bill Bradley for President campaign in 2000. Stephanie convinced me to check out Planned Parenthood Young Leaders (PPYL), so I'm going to go to their next meeting.

4) Find my friend Lauren a tall, dark, handome, wealthy boyfriend. At least this was her idea of what my new hobby should be when I described my new project to her. Frankly, if I'm doing all this work, I may as well find MYSELF a tall, dark, handome, wealthy boyfriend. Preferably one with a sexy accent.

4 comments:

Jess said...

You've appeared as "Alison" on my blog's commentary, so I think you're good.

All your new things sound good. I don't envy you remodeling your house. We spent two years remodeling our condo and it sucked living in construction for so long, but the end result has been satisfying.

Knitting? Tried that once. I am not gifted with craftiness.

I often think I should volunteer as well, and am also a bleeding heart liberal, so planned parenthood seems like a worthy cause to me. I have considered working on a political campaign in the upcoming election year, but because I'm not totally convinced of the candidate I support, I'm not yet sure who to work for.

And, I too have had to be on the man hunt for friends. I suck at it. The only available men I come across are students, and that's just not appropriate.

Do you like my super long comment? I practically wrote my own post!

Stephanie said...

Yeah for new members! :)

mouse said...

I decided that I want to learn how to knit and also how to quilt. granted, I can't even sew a button on my pants now, but MAN AM I GONNA LEARN!

Kate said...

This is such a great idea Alison! Good luck with all your new "things". Volunteering for planned parenthood sounds great!